Thursday 18 February 2016

flashing blue lights

Well, the last couple of days have been interesting to say the least.

Tuesday, Papa elephant was sent home from work with a super headache...we assumed migraine.

He was sick twice.

By teatime, he had also passed out twice, was shaking violently and couldnt stand or bear to have the light on.

So...I called an ambulance.

They came and did various tests...I heard the word stroke mentioned....

They whisked him away and told me to follow.

Bless my friend who came to sit with the boys, and I went off in the car to the a&e department.

He had been rushed into a side cubicle and they were putting in a canular, taking blood and poking him in various places!!!!

After what seemed like hours, and probably was...he was taken for a CT scan. The doctor said they were looking for a bleed on the brain.

I had to go through his medical history of the past few months, at least 4 times.

By 2am, they finally said he would be taken to the acute medical unit and that I was to go home because it could be a long time to wait. I could ring at 10am in the morning.

I came home to relieve my friend.

I phoned his office in the morning and then we sat and waited for me to be able to ring AMU..

When they finally answered the phone, they said that he was having another CT scan because they were convinced it was a bleed, but couldnt find one on the previous scan done the night before.

Eventually they rang to say he was being released, but that I was under no circumstances to bring the children to the hospital as they had norovirus...possibly.

So I went.

He came out looking very bedraggled and sore. They had given 3 lumbar punctures...just to be on the safe side apparently, lots of blood had been taken and he had been pumped full of various pain killing drugs.

So now, he is home...very sore and sorry for himself.

He cant walk far for pain in his back, and if you catch him on the arm where the canular was in, he screams like a girl...not that I blame him to be honest.

Hospitals are marvellous places.

But I dont want to go and visit another one for a good while.

No comments:

Post a Comment